Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Well, seven reasons, and they can opposing reasons:
1 - Disposable Income: People are becoming richer, and therefore can afford the many sugar / carb laden foods that taste so amazing. They can afford all the fast foods, the pre-made foods, restaurants and these are loaded with the bad fats and sugars.
2 - On the same hand, a lot of people are becoming poorer. And poorer people have less choices, so often they choose the carb heavy foods. Also, poorer people do tend to buy more of the "cheaper" fast foods and junk foods.
And then, comes the emotional facts of eating.
3. Someone insulted me, man, that hurts..."open the fridge, see what's there so I can feel better, indulge myself”
4. Eating has become our way of coping with the many hurts the world throws at us.
5. As the years go on, we suddenly realize...Hey, I have become fat. Wow, down goes any leftover self esteem.
6. Yipee, we loose 5 pounds. Awesome, so then what do we do, we let our guard down, we feel better, we eat, and gain back 25 pounds.
7. A number of years later, we sit back, thinking...how did my life turn into this nightmare?
In the end: We are fat, we are on our way to diabetes, or have it already, heart problems, low self esteem, sleep apnea...unhappiness, and, we carry it on by passing this lifestyle to our kids. Most fat mothers have FAT kids.
STOP THE CYCLE NOW...YOU HAVE FAILED BEFORE, SO WHAT. GET UP, SUCK IT UP, AND START AGAIN.
Choose a Diet You Can Live With ... Not A Fad
Choose Exercise You Can LIKE, Maybe Even Get Passionate About (I did with Nordic Pole Walking),